return of the scirocco, mixed feelings, and theft

so i get a call from the mechanic today at work. now, first off, let me say thank you for all your ideas and insights as to why my car stumbled and died. now, as for the reason, it wasn't electrical or oxygen sensor related. it was fuel related, however. more specifically, it was out of gas. :/ okay, okay i know there's a thing called a gas gauge and i should read it, which i did. problem is that either the instrument cluster and/or the fuel gauge sender is bad. it still showed a quarter of tank when bone dry. i didn't know better, but excuses are like assholes: everybody has one. at least they replaced a badly oil soaked air filter (which was to be replaced the weekend the car conked out, anyway). the thing that pisses me off, though, is that while it was sitting outside at the shop, someone jerkoff came by and stole the 'scirocco' emblem off the back of the car. it needed replaced anyway, but what pisses me off slightly more is that the grommets are ruined because of it. what REALLY pisses me off is that had someone just asked for one, i have a number of BETTER ones that i would have freely given away. stupid people.

--
 /\_/\	  Foxx (in a box)
< o o >	  http://foxx.tripod.com