Front swaybar install on a mk1

The autotech sway bar and subframe I have mount to the where the "stock" mounting point would be on a mk2 on the undercarriage. How is this accomplished on a mk1? Particularly w/ respect to the studs that are "supposed" to be on the undercarriage.

As an aside - in my 3+ years on the list, I can't remember this question being asked... :-| What's worse is that I've never installed a set on a mk1 (and I've had 8!! They've always either already had them or not...)

Thanks!  JT