Re: Yellow chromate paint

At 12:56 PM 3/22/05, David Utley wrote:

> From: "Jim Ruffi" <sciroccos@earthlink.net>
> Date: 2005/03/22 Tue PM 12:40:58 EST
> To: "Scirocco list" <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
> Subject: Yellow chromate paint
>
> Has anyone found a brand of spray paint that looks reasonably close to the
> factory yellow chromate (gold color) plating VW uses for plating steel
> fasteners, brackets, etc.?
>
> I'm hoping to find something that doesn't look too gold.
>
> TIA
>
> Jim

Look here, Jim...

http://www.eastwoodco.com/jump.jsp?itemID=728&itemType=PRODUCT&path=1%2C2%2C389%2C390%2C397&KickerID=126&KICKER

Eastwood has all sorts of neat stuff, the kind of stuff that you did not know you needed until you see it kind of stuff...

HTH

David
Jim, I would look around on there site some. They used to have a kit that replated the part using container full of some solution and electricity was passed through it to get the gold cad finish. Maybe it's not available now and this is the substitute. I have seen a similiar one can, version of this at Home Depot in the electrical/lighting area, made my CRC. I haven't tried it though.