Re: MKII to MKI adaptability?

Haha, I guess I was thinking of the "K" cross-member
as a sub-frame of sorts.  :P
Sounds good though.   I plan on running stand-alone
engine management, so that should take care of CIS vs
CIS-E worries. (Although I've been saying "I plan on
it" for years now... :(  Someday.)
Thanks Ron!

--- Ron Pieper <rapieper@yahoo.com> wrote:
I spend the last year doing just what you did. Everything you mentioned swaps easily (no such
thing as a subframe though).  FI system will need
some work, you will need to decide if you want
CIS (as on a Mk) or CISE (as on your 16V).

Can't easily swap any wiring, dash components, etc. It's been done, but IMO it's too big a PITA. If you want the rear disks, you will want the MKII
master cylinder and prop valves.  You will also
have to work on the rear lines some.

I'd swap the power steeing system over too.

HTH

Ron

--- Ryan H <xaeryan@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I'm working on getting a MKII 16V up to spec for
some
> autocrossing, but I'm not 100% sure I wanna stick
with
> the car's body - it's seen better days.  If I
ditch
> the body, I will be getting a MKI instead.  How
much
> of a MKII 16V can be adapted to a MKI?  Engine,
> transmission, and what else? Sub-frame? Rear-beam? > Sway bars? Control arms?
> I wanna make sure that if I decide against the
MKII, I

=====

__________________________________ Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday! Yahoo! Netrospective: 100 Moments of the Web http://birthday.yahoo.com/netrospective/