Fun with R32's

> From: "Dan Bubb" <jdbubb@verizon.net>
> Date: 2005/06/28 Tue AM 09:11:21 EDT
> To: "Scirocco List" <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
> Subject: Fun with R32's
>
> I think I've mentioned my nephew and his "junkyard" turbo Scirocco.
>
> 1.8 JH that's pretty beat, but with Volvo CIS injection, Ford Probe
> intercooler and Megaspark he's running 12 psi boost.
>
> The car is non-gloss brown with a few small dents and he likes it that way.
> No flash, nothing to attract any attention.
>
> Well, last night he was merging onto the highway right behind an R32. The
> R32 punches it at 60mph and runs up to about 110 mph.
> And there's Mike on his ass all the way!
> The R32 had two passengers, but Mike had one, so not too uneven!
> Probably couldn't beat him, but fun suprising the shit out of someone with a
> $1500 junkyard turbo installation!
>
> Now we're into a major engine rebuild with forged pistons, P & P head and a
> conversion to electronic fuel injection and MSnS-extra.
>
> Maybe someday, when I grow up, my car will be faster than my nephew's :'(
> Dan

I believe that is the most fun thing about fixing up these cars, they only become more capable...  :-)  Not that I endorse such recklessness...  ;-)

In a similar vain, on the Interstate last eve a Mistubishi Eclipse wanted to play.  I saw him coming, and mashed on it...  Up to 105, and he was no closer...

Lucky for him, he just knew it was a 'Rabbit'.  Imagine how he would have felt had he known it was a motor with 245K on it...  :-O

David

'83 GTI, Daily Driver...
'87 16V, parts car
'82 pickup, 2.0 16V, collecting dust...