Brakes

any recomendations on rotors and pads. on the calipers I would like to
get something a little better than stock 16V.

I have had really good luck with the 10.1" rotors/calipers and pads, but if
you want more, you can use the Corrado G60 rotors (still 4x100 bolt pattern
so fits on the hubs just like a replacement rotor) and calipers, but you
need to buy caliper adapters.  There is a person on VWVortex that sells them
and  they list them on ebay from time to time.  You need at least 15" wheels
(sounds like you have 16 or 17" wheels on your other post so that shouldn't
be a problem).

I have never run this setup, but I have had discusstions with a few high hp
A1 owners that have.  It is a very good setup, apparently.

gd

p.s. The X-drilled 10.1"s on the Dasher held up well on Sundays autocross,
even with left-foot braking.