What brand V-belts work good?

On 8:11:13 pm 06/26/05 Don Walter <dswalterwi@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have always purchased my belts from Potterman or TT. Typically they
> were by Continetal but recently I have been entriged by Goodyear's
> Gatorback series of belts. They feature a cross hatch design to
> reduce noise and a backing to reduce stretching. Has anyone used
> these and have experience with them. What other brand belts have you
> had sucess with? I don't want to use the AutoZone specials as they
> are not very good quality but they are dirt cheap.
>
> --
> Don Walter - Waukesha, WI
> 1986 2.0L 16V TEC 2 Black Scirocco (see progress at
> http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/708939)
> 1986 2L 16V Toronado Red Scirocco (under repair)
> 1988 1.8 16V Toronado Red Scirocco (sold on 3/29/04)
> 1984 1.8 8V Pewter Scirocco (sold years ago)
> 1971 Karman Ghia (sold)
> 1969 Karman Ghia (sold)
> 1969 Beetle (sold)

On my son's POS Jetta, my nephew's MkII Golf and another car I know (all of
which had the problematic three belt setup found on the ever delightful
non-turbo diesels with air conditioning), the Gator was the only belt
they'd use, to the extent where they'd stock an extra in the rain tray for
emergency use (Cause anything else would flip right off anyway). But the
Gators work on these cars, where others don't. I have no experience with
Potter's or Adirindack's belts, these are items I source locally, well, in
this country. I've always used ones from the dealer on my cars.

Cathy