Now OT: E-series overhaul was Re: Anyone out there?

I'd like to see him get the new LCD screens for it, that would be a huge leap though, like painting his house.

Daun Yeagley <vwdaun@yahoo.com> wrote:

--- Tonee Northam
wrote:

> It has intergrated accessories instead of bolt on, and
> then something to do with the spine prop where the oil
> goes to the prop to the pan.

Yeah, I know the prop would change - the current prop is
the old Hartzell design with the external oil line /
diaghram, unlike the McCauley prop / O-470 combo - the
O-470 crank is drilled for oil passage. I don't know how
much of the other stuff would have to be done / fitted
though, since the 470 series was just a continuation of the
E. Dad's talked about it when his comes due, but that's
not likely 'til I inherit the thing. :p Personally, I've
flown behind the E-series Continentals probably more than
anything else (although I'm definately catching up quickly
with O-300 time) and would almost hate to change to a 470.
But if you can't get parts for your E-225-8 then what do
you do?

but he might be getting a wos-compatable
> GHNS 480 out of the deal.

Tell me he's going to re-arrange some of the instruments in
the panel too? Do some cosmetics at least??? I know your
wife would greatly appreciate it.

Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'81 Scirocco S '85 Scirocco 8v
'86 Scirocco 8v '88 Scirocco 16v