Scirocco-l Digest, Vol 4, Issue 137

In a message dated 6/22/05 12:37:27 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
scirocco-l-request@scirocco.org writes:
Yours should be aircooled and have the air-flapper for a mass air flow for
that year IIRC.  That said, check the values for the temp sensor on the left
head.
heres what I did, I cleaned out the aux air reg as suggested,found a cracked
and siliconed elbow wich I replaced. Then I checked the temp sensor and found
it was loose but very new, I tightened it and then found 2 cracked vacuum
hoses in the fuel pressure reg. When I started it up it ran different, lower idle
and better brake pedal, a 10 mile driver it ran perfectly so tomorrow I try a
longer drive but it feels good. By the way, while checking things out I found
no thermostat or cable to the spring loaded fan housing flaps, can I just leav
this or prop it 1/2 way or do I need to repair this legit? And thanks you
very much for your help, this list is awesome. Michael