From: scirocco-l-bounces+dmaula=gordonrees.com@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-bounces+dmaula=gordonrees.com@scirocco.org] On Behalf
Of Christopher Grossi
Sent: Thursday, June 16, 2005 4:02 PM
To: matt; scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Re: scirocco in novel

But it was still running.

----- Original Message -----
From: "matt" <matt@safearmy.com>
To: <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Thursday, June 16, 2005 3:32 PM
Subject: scirocco in novel

> Here is what someone posted on a local VW board:
>
> This may not be very interesting, but I found the description funny.
> I'm
reading a book called A Death in Vienna, by Daniel Silva. It's basically
an spy/espionage book. Here is an paragraph about half way through the
book.
> Notice the spelling...
>
> "Alfonzo Ramirez drove the last surviving Volkswagen Sirocco in the
western hemisphere. It might have been dark blue once; now the exterior
had faded to the color of pumice. The windshield had a crack down the
center that looked like a bolt of lightning. Gabriel's door was bashed
in, and it required much of his depleted reservoir of strength to pry it
open. The air conditioner no longer worked, and the engine roared like a
prop plane."