Cutting up my 84 turbo!

From: "Ben Harder" <vwtype53@yahoo.com>

> Dan,
>
>  I challenge you to utilize ducting to mount the heat exchanger in a
> location
> that does not require cutting.  ;)

I'm with you on this. I'm going to review the whole situation and see if
this can't be done.
OTOH, the car already runs too hot. I need to replace the stock 525mm
radiator with a 675mm 16V or A2 radiator. And that requires moving a few
bits around.
Then there's the question of actually getting good airflow through the
additional core. I've previously experimented with ducts under the front
valence and found out the duct really needs to extend down or far forward to
not be in a stagnant area. Guess there must be a sizeable wake from the
front bumper!

> Or you could always just remove all that weight up front and ditch the
> A/C!
> That would give you some extra room up front...  hehe

NEVER! NEVER I tell you!
I'm too old to sweat like a pig sitting in DC rush hour traffic!
A/C is here to stay (even if I do have to make bunch of compromises to keep
it ;^)