Coolant expansion tank

Hello again.

My expansion tank leaks....my 88 16V's tank has no coolant level sender on
top.  The replacement came and has a hole for one.

Bentley wiring diagrams show the 85 and 86 models as having the sender and
87 and 88 with no sender.

EKTA shows all 1.8 16V's as having the sender....

It shows the "holey" tank (171 121 407F) as still available and for no-hole
models, you must buy a the same tank and also a ?sealing plug? and seal, as
the no-hole tank (171 121 407E) is NLA.

...but the no-hole tanks are available from the german aftermarket.

I can't even find the wiring connector on my car.  What do you guys/girls
think?  I guess I wouldn?t mind using the holed tank and buying the
sender....if they belong on my car.

Jim