OFFLIST; Crossmember Bars

This was supposed to be sent -offlist-, hence the title change...  *blush*

-----Original Message-----
From: scirocco-l-bounces+fahrvegnugen=cox.net@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-bounces+fahrvegnugen=cox.net@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of
David Utley
Sent: Monday, June 13, 2005 9:54 PM
To: Eric S; Larry Fry
Cc: Scirocco email List
Subject: RE:OFFLIST; Crossmember Bars

-----Original Message-----
From: scirocco-l-bounces+fahrvegnugen=cox.net@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-bounces+fahrvegnugen=cox.net@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of
Eric S
Sent: Sunday, June 12, 2005 5:17 PM
To: Larry Fry
Cc: Scirocco email List
Subject: Re: Crossmember Bars

Larry is entitled to his doubts.

I more than welcome you to design something better.  The key is, the
average joe doesn't have a welder...so it has to be bolt on by the average
monkey mechanic.  Oh, and make sure you actually can get it made in decent
quantities too.  I'd more than welcome someone taking this project
over...step up to the plate Larry!

--
Eric
www.vintagewatercooleds.com

Eric,
 Please don't take Larry criticism as anything more than a spilling over of
his more than healthy cynicism/ego.  I have had a few discussions with the
man/engineer, and while occassionally he does come up with some good points,
he is far more enamored with his own opinion than I am.

  He knows there is a weak link there as he has already admitted as much in
another posting.  But since he does not believe stress bars work (do you
recall our conversations on that topic?), he prolly won't believe these work
either.  I know for a fact that stress bars DO work.  Larry proposes that
consumers want them because they 'look good.'  Racing teams use them, even
on cars like newer BMWs which are abundantly stiffer than our cars.  If they
use them, theres' proof enough for me right there that Larry is not as
informed as he would have us believe.

  In other words, please igonre the list idiot and his degrees.  You, I, and
many others here understand what he cannot fathom...

Cheers,
  David