More of the do-it-yourself alignment questions

GGehrke wrote:
> At the moment I'm swinging more toward the hate side of the classic
> love/hate relationship with this stupid car :(

Look at homebrew alignment this way:

The camber bolt can rotate 360? but 80% of that is grossly wrong.  Now
consider that when you finally scoonche it down, you will be within 5%
of the exact spot you want because of rust, movement upon torque,
etc.--now you only have about 10 different ways to set it.  Easy, unless
your balljoints or strut hats are shot.  Get those replaced!

Of course toe is another matter.  I would like to hope that no cars I
pass on the road have sloppy tierods.  One good reason to have
MOT/TUV-style inspection.  Get those replaced! Complete!