Passenger side Motor mount

On Thu, 9 Jun 2005 12:55:20 -0400, David Utley <fahrvegnugen@cox.net>
wrote:

>  Looking at the metal part of the mount, doesn't it point more upwards at the bolt-hole end?  If so, I think the new one is upside down...

That's the way it looks to me.  Bolt hole should be off-center towards
the ground.  This arrangement is about as counter-intuitive as a
left-hand thread since the engine "hangs" on the bolt.  Maybe if VW
had called it a "body mount" (since the assembly is hard fastened to
the engine, not the body) it would be less confusing.  In any case,
I've seen countless examples of upside down installations.  Maybe an
arrow and a "diese seit oben" would have helped.

Gordon

75 Mk I/Drake 1.9