Timbo's funky clunk

> From: Timbo <timjmcconnell@gmail.com>
> Date: 2005/06/08 Wed PM 06:13:56 EDT
> To: Scirocco list <Scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
> Subject: Timbo's funky clunk
>
> Well I got home fine. My clunk was there but not bad. I just took off
> the wheel - and found the problem - the tie rod was LOOSE. Not broken
> thankfully. As in - it was not against the lock nut thing there. So I
> tightened it back down. All is well now.

> --Timbo

I am glad to hear that you found the problem before it presented you with another, either a wreck or a small case of death!  Tie-rods are no joke.  I have had an acquaintence killed because of tie-rod failure.

Again, I am glad to hear that you found it...

David

'83 GTI, Daily Driver...
'87 16V, parts car
'82 pickup, 2.0 16V, collecting dust...