Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 20:45:01 -0400
From: Greg Pallett <greg.rocco@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Scirocco stuff on the vortex....?
To: Chris Bennett <scirocco16vr32@gmail.com>
Cc: Scirocco list <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>

Chris is probably right - I don't mean to taj\ke credit for this at all
- I
just cut and pasted . I added the last 2 lines in the original Email. (
It's
a great idea! Someone has thought this out well..) It's probably a
repost,
but I was surfing the Car Lounge ans saw it. I didn't remember the list
touching on this idea and debating the pros and cons of the idea
I remember the VW microbus concept. What a great car that could have
been! I
think VW tried to produce it, but discovered it they would have to
charge an
arm and a leg to psell anything that was close to it in execution. I
thought
I read that the next eurovan would have some of the "styling influences"

from the concept vehicle.
*sigh* so many cool cars that could have been.
 Greg
 On 6/8/05, Chris Bennett <scirocco16vr32@gmail.com> wrote:

> Maybe I am all kinds of missing the point here but didn't they post on
the
> Vwvortex forum a month or two ago some german site that quotes a 2007
> Scirocco being released similar in specs to the R32, based on the
Concept R
> chassis (a two seater with a hardtop to be precise) It was confirmed
from
> two sources I believe. Supposedly with a $25,000 sticker.
>  The description below sounds cool though...
>

>  On 6/8/05, Greg Pallett <greg.rocco@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > *The New Volkswagen Scirocco: Est. $16,750*
> >
> > Put down the checkbook. This is a concept by the Institute of
Corbidian
> > Automotive Technology, not Volkswagen.
> >

> > Recently I have been reading a lot about the failed release of the
MK5
> > Jetta
> > and the sliding Volkswagen sale across the board. Many now attribute
the
> > general decline to a lack of thrilling models, dated cars and the
lost o

> > popularity with the "New Beetle". The NB grabbed America's attention

> > like no
> > other car back in 1998. It was retro, it was cool, it was fairly
> > inexpensive
> > and it was safe. It was the new car to have, college kids, soccer
moms
> > and
> > yuppie professionals alike wanted it because of its cheerful styling
and
> > because it reminded them so much of the Bugs they once owned back in
the
> > 1960's .
> >
> > Th novelty is worn off and now we drool at the new Mustang for our
> > youthful
> > reminisces. Sales are down and the new Jetta simply does not scream
"I
> > STAND
> > OUT! LOOK AT ME!" It certainly has "grown up"; right into a market
> > Toyota is
> > trying to get out of. Volkswagen once commanded the most loyal, and
the
> > youngest automotive customer basis in the country. Toyota changed
its
> > tone
> > realizing it needed young buyers to find them trendy and fun other
wise
> > they
> > will not have a strong future, enter Scion. Volkswagen is doing the
> > opposite, they are trying to cling to that ground of buyers who are
now
> > in
> > their 30's and 40's blowing off the youth looking for something hip,

> > popular
> > and fairly inexpensive.
> >
> > Let me introduce to you the future of Volkswagen... the savior, the
*
> > Scirocco.*
> > Unlike the up-scaled Corrado, the general public remembers the
Sirocco
> > and
> > they remember if fondly. It was "fast", fun, "inexpensive" and
certainly
> > stylish. To save VW this car will need to be a few things and not be

> > some
> > others. First throw out that silly notion most of you have about a
350hp
> > turbocharged RWD 350Z fighter. This car needs to be cheap to attract

> > younger
> > buyers, and the original was not RWD. VW is simply not a RWD company
and
> > we
> > want the car to appeal across the board, so no balls-to-the-wall
stuff
> > here.
> >

> > The car will look nearly identical to the original. Obviously it
will
> > weigh
> > more, use heavier sheet metal and most likely will be overall
larger.
> > Interior will need to be changed around with better/bigger seats and

> > what
> > not, however the looks will be their. This will attract older adults
who
> > either owned a Scirocco or remember them being popular and on the
roads.
> > It
> > will rekindle their youthful passion much the same way the New
Beetle

--------

-----

---------