Scirocco stuff on the vortex....?

*The New Volkswagen Scirocco: Est. $16,750*

Put down the checkbook. This is a concept by the Institute of Corbidian
Automotive Technology, not Volkswagen.

Recently I have been reading a lot about the failed release of the MK5 Jetta
and the sliding Volkswagen sale across the board. Many now attribute the
general decline to a lack of thrilling models, dated cars and the lost o
popularity with the "New Beetle". The NB grabbed America's attention like no
other car back in 1998. It was retro, it was cool, it was fairly inexpensive
and it was safe. It was the new car to have, college kids, soccer moms and
yuppie professionals alike wanted it because of its cheerful styling and
because it reminded them so much of the Bugs they once owned back in the
1960's .

Th novelty is worn off and now we drool at the new Mustang for our youthful
reminisces. Sales are down and the new Jetta simply does not scream "I STAND
OUT! LOOK AT ME!" It certainly has "grown up"; right into a market Toyota is
trying to get out of. Volkswagen once commanded the most loyal, and the
youngest automotive customer basis in the country. Toyota changed its tone
realizing it needed young buyers to find them trendy and fun other wise they
will not have a strong future, enter Scion. Volkswagen is doing the
opposite, they are trying to cling to that ground of buyers who are now in
their 30's and 40's blowing off the youth looking for something hip, popular
and fairly inexpensive.

Let me introduce to you the future of Volkswagen... the savior, the *
Scirocco.*
Unlike the up-scaled Corrado, the general public remembers the Sirocco and
they remember if fondly. It was "fast", fun, "inexpensive" and certainly
stylish. To save VW this car will need to be a few things and not be some
others. First throw out that silly notion most of you have about a 350hp
turbocharged RWD 350Z fighter. This car needs to be cheap to attract younger
buyers, and the original was not RWD. VW is simply not a RWD company and we
want the car to appeal across the board, so no balls-to-the-wall stuff here.

The car will look nearly identical to the original. Obviously it will weigh
more, use heavier sheet metal and most likely will be overall larger.
Interior will need to be changed around with better/bigger seats and what
not, however the looks will be their. This will attract older adults who
either owned a Scirocco or remember them being popular and on the roads. It
will rekindle their youthful passion much the same way the New Beetle and
New Mustang does.

Price will be low. Styling crisp, retro and cool. This will attract younger
buys who will also shop around for Scions tCs, Civic coupes and Ford Foci.
The car will either be based on the Mk4 chassis (if it can take the new
power trains) or MK5 chassis. This will save money, development cost and
allow it to be built in Mexico/Brazil.

Target base price $16,750-17,500 (right at you Scion)

  *Quote ?*
New Scirocco

Package Name: "Scirocco Classic" (base)
Price: Est.: 16,750

Engine: I5, 2.5L 150hp
Trans: 5spd
Equip: Minimal, 16" steelies, antilock brakes, all disk brakes, dual
airbags, A/C, 6-speaker stereo with mp3 CD player. Upholstery will be PLAID
to help with the "retro" look, crank windows.

Notes: The car will be focused on superior handling compared to the
competition, rather then speed, suspension will be a bit rough. This car
will have minimal mark up and a no haggle price. This is what pure
enthusiasts or the cheap skates will buy.
Package Name: "Scirocco GTI" (sports)
Price: Add $2,600

Engine: I4, 2.0L Turbo, 200hp
Trans: 6spd manual
Equip: Car gains 16" alloy wheels with better tires. Upholster is now a
choice of three "sport's cloths", Black on black, Black with blue inserts,
or Black with read stitching. Suspension will be upgraded. Leather wrapped
steering wheel, leather shift boot. Traction control.
Package Name : "Sirocco GLX" (luxury)
Price: Add $3500

Engine: I5, 2.5L 150hp
Trans: 5spd
Equip: 17" rims. Leather interior, leather steering wheel, leather shift
boot. 8-way speakers, 6cd, in dash changer. Power everything, sunroof.
Package Name: "Scirocco TT (touring turbo" (top of the line)

Price: 7,400
Engine: I4, 2.0L Turbo, 200hp
Trans: 6spd manual
Equip: 17" rims. Leather interior, leather steering wheel, leather shift
boot. 8-way speakers, 6cd, in dash changer. Power everything, sunroof.
- note, suspension is softer then the GTI though

Well you get the idea. Basic car is dirt cheap, but star throwing in the
stuff people want it and prices right up to 25,000.

Also VW would/should then offer dealer install parts. This will make dealers
happy because of the high mark up. Exhaust for 900, gauges for 1,000, fancy
brushed aluminum pieces, carbon fiber? short shift, BBS rims, lowering
springs et al.
All of which can get tossed on your financing so you don't even know what
your paying.

I'm sure many of you think I'm an idiot for posting this. I don't. I hope to
make a refined and polished version to just spam VW with by email and slug
mail, maybe someone will get a hit. I figure its time to start "pushing on
the hammer to trigger the brain"
  It's a great idea! Someone has thought this out well..
  Greg

--
I'm all about doing monstrously stupid things against
my better judgement.

Jesus man!
Can't you do better than this???
Doesn't your car need an oil change or something
-Dan Bubb to Mike Smith