My post cincy ramblings

Well...it was different for me this year for sure...a more quiet, relaxed
cincy that I really quite enjoyed...yet quite a few new faces too.

I flew in Thursday afternoon and flew out monday morning...it was great
hanging with Daun and family as ALWAYS!  I look at cincy as more of a
family reunion than anything..and this year was a good one.  Flying in
DOES take away from that big feeling of "I made it" when you pull in Daun
Sr.'s driveway though...think we'll go back to driving next year :-D
Maybe we'll have 4 or more cars with Colorado plates making it next year!

Brian with his restored mk1, (sorry forgot your last name) was great
meeting you and partying!

Mike Smith, it was a pleasure to watch you, watch other people fix your
car, as usual.  :-D

Chris (who isn't on the list) with that cool fox wagon...was great to meet
him, really nice guy.  Hope he does make his way over here...he fits in
with us quite well.

Dan Smith, can't believe you did it man...hope you made it home ok!  We'll
get that injection sorted out in no time.

George, was fun hanging out with ya...hope the minor tweeks on your CIS
gets those drag times back to where you were before.  Thats a great
running car!

Chuck Blue, pleasure to see you as always...was great to hang with
you...you've done an amazing job on that mk1!

Ben Harder, amazing as always man...every year that mk1 is different in
some way...it has no right to be that fast though, and yet sound so
docile!!!

Cathy, Drew, Dan Snow, and Big Mac, wouldn't be cincy without you
four...will miss you guys till next year!

Anson, your as insane as ever...but getting you and Camissa in a
rental...thats just a volatile mix...when do we see the video? :-D

Scott Rose, bring your rocco sometime, ok?  Sheesh man ;-) :-)  Good to
see you and Michelle!  We missed not getting some of your Dad's great
stories this year.

And to the others that I have chatted to for years, but finally met in
person, that was killer (like Nate Mellom, Parker, etc).

Now, I'm off to mow my 4 foot tall grass, and try and get the A/C working
in Katy's mexi3 Jetta...whatta way to spend my last day on vacation!

--
Eric
www.vintagewatercooleds.com

1981 Scirocco S (TDI swap project)
1981 Rabbit Truck LX Diesel -FOR SALE-
1990 Corrado TDI -FOR SALE-
1990 Fox Wagon
1991 Cabriolet (2.0 crossflow 8v project)
1994 Jetta GL