My ramblings....

Well, Brian (BigMac) and I arrive at my house last night at 9:24.  A
little late, but pretty happy to be home and VERY happy we had no
problems once we were on the way.

Tried to leave Daun's on Sunday and it the third time was the charm.
Sunday morning at the cmap site, Brian (beautiful silver MkI) said to
get my alt checked as the belt was vibrating a bit.  Well, I forgot,
and it eventually got checked as we were about to pull out of the gas
station there next to 71.  A bolt was missing from the AC, so we went
back to Daun's while Brian, Brett, and Jan left.  20 minutes later, we
were back on our way to the highway.  As I turn right on the the
on-ramp, we hear an interesting noise, Brian sticks his head out the
window and then tells me to stop.  I do, half way down the ramp.  He
looks underneath and says I'm missing 2 of the 3 pulley bolts for the
water pump.  Eesh.  Back to Daun's (passing Neptuno on his way out)
and about 30 min later we're on our way.  I think by the time we
actually got on the road we were about 1.5 hours behind Jan, et al.

We had no problems, stopped to eat/fill up before Wheeling and then
off to find the exit for the detour.  While in the midst of the detour
(took a wrong turn) we find Neptuno has made the same wrong turn and
together we find our way out.

Hit 79 and no stops till we got home.

I hit the shower and crashed by 11.  Hopefully Brian got back to
Annapolis OK and that he wasn't too late.

Now for the thanks:

Daun and family: Thanks again for a wonderful time.  Brad, I want a
ride in the buggy next year if you still have it.

Anson:  OMFG! ('nuff said) I can still feel the heat, although that
could be the sunburn ;) Thanks for the ride of a lifetime.  Don't get
rides like that unless it's on a rollercoaster.

It was nice to meet some more of you and hope to meet more still next
year.  Anson's was the only ride I took this year, but after his, I
decided that that was ride enough.  Next year I hope to experience
something milder... maybe hit the turbo's for some rides?

Finally, wearing more comfortable walking attire next year and I don't
care if it's overcast and raining, I'm putting on the sunblock as soon
as I arrive, not when I can feel the heat.

On a camping note:  As I was finishing packing the car, an old couple
came by to collect the reserved cards from our sites.  They
complimented me on the fact that WE left a very clean site and I pass
this on to the other campers.  Look forward to doing it again next
year.

--
Mike
'86 red 16v (Red 5)