Tune up

I have been told a couple of different things about tune ups. One is
that a tune up on a fuel injected car is pretty much just rotor, cap,
and spark plugs, but I was also told that it involves checking the rotor
and cap for burning/carbon build up, change air filter, fuel filter,
check the spark plug wires, possibly adjust the valves, etc...

I am asking because for one, I have never done a tune up, and two, we
are trying to sell the Tempo and it has not had a tune up in the three
years we have owned it (though I think we have only put 20-25k miles on it).

So if I were to give the tempo a tune up instead of paying a mechanic,
what would I need to have? I got ratchets, sockets, wrenches (the
basics), I don't have a book for the car, and I don't have any specialty
tools.

--
	--Jacob Hawes
Cars: