1979 brake lines

Hi all,

I have a 1979 scirocco and the brake line goes through the body underneath the carpet.  Well, my brake line sprung a leak underneath the passenger side carpet (the place where your feet rest) and I need a new line.  Is it possible to find replacements for this part new?  also, they switched the rout of the lines in 1980 (they go underneath the body). my 1979 does not have the mounts underneath the body to upgrade to the newere style.  Has anyone had this problem and if so can you give me suggestions as to where I can find a replacement line (which cars can I pull it from?) and the easiest way to make this repair?  My carpet an insulation are trashed from the brake fluid.

Thanks in advance,
GJH