Tires

<snip Gordy>
I could upgrade to a set of Yokohama AVS ES 100 (195-50-15).  Wanted an
inexpensive but capable tire that is good in both dry and wet that I could
get 30K from.
<end snip>

I'm running the Yoko's right now (stock 14" size).  I'm a pretty big fan of
this tire (just put them on the wife's Forrester XT).  They replaced my
Dunlop SP8000s, which were also quite good, but left me a little wanting
when it rained.  The Yokohama's have good road feel, a stiff sidewall that
aid cornering, and decent performance in the rain (speaking about PNW kind
of rain).  I still have some hydroplaning issues in standing water, but this
has been true for the previous Dunlops and Pirelli's too.  If your car is
going to see any snow, these aren't your tires.  They're not the quietest
tire, but hey, I'm  driving a 20 year old car built on a 30 year old
platform.

-Brad
'86 Scirocco 16v