Speedo cables suck

MK1 is a threaded female collar, MK2 is a clip mechanism.  Since I
have no stereo in my MK1 so it is easy to reach through the hole in
the console and unscrew it.  Also easy to get to coming from below the
dash.  If the cable has never come off before it has some red glue on
it and you might have to get some channel locks on it to break it
loose.  I have no experience with MK2 but remember seeing a cable and
I think you have to pinch the 2 tabs together and pull connector out,
but others will know more.  Might be able to push the cable, if it is
out of the tranny, through the gromet in the fire wall to get enough
slack to pull the gague cluster out far enough to get to the plug,
although I can not verify that it would work.  Good luck.

--
Gordy
MK1 x 3