more voltage problems

> From: Derrick floyd <tyrone27@gmail.com>
> Date: 2005/07/19 Tue AM 12:18:13 EDT
> To: Scirocco-L <Scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
> Subject: more voltage problems
>
> well I ran in to more voltage problems tonight.  was driving up the
> street and the voltage dropped from 14V to 11.8  and it stayed there.
> I have to cut every thing off to get it to go to 12.3  i cut it off
> and restarted it and it was working fine again.  while it was running
> I unhooked the battery and it ran on its own for a while.

I've got bad news for you.  This tends to kill, or at least stress the FI and knock brains.  You could get away with this on a non-FI car, but I would strongly suggest not doing it on a FI car...

I am prolly beating a dead horse here, but just in case...

David

'83 GTI, Daily Driver...
'87 16V, parts car
'82 pickup, 2.0 16V, collecting dust...