Just bought another 'Rocco...

Yeah, that's right.  GTI-boy bought another...

'88 16V & White.  Before anyone gets too excited, this one has been put through the ringer more than once.

The bad;
Left Rear Quarter has been knocked-in, and amateurly knocked back out.  Because of this, it will not be a long-term driver.
It has has a few other minor wrinkles here and there, all on the drivers' side.
No drivers glass
No drivers do latch

The car is well worn as mentioned; tape on headliner to repair tear, L/F was flat, Disney exhaust work. vacuum lines missing all over.

The good; I think it will run with a replacement of the battery and the ground strap.  He said it ran and drove, but all the replays began clicking more and more then it just died.  Well, the ground connection at the battery is well hammered, and even though fully-tight, it would not pinch the terminal any more.  We shall see if my gamble paid off here in a bit...

If it does run and drive at least reasonably, I will begin to install the motor and tranny I have nearly ready for the GTI.  My diff. is self-machining, and the motor is more than ready for retirement...

I thought you all might be happy to hear my prattling...  :-)

David

'83 GTI, Daily Driver...
'87 16V, parts car
'82 pickup, 2.0 16V, collecting dust...