OT jetta Q's

EEEEKKKK...reponses inline.

Julie Macfarlane said:
> Ok. I saw the car tonight. It is an ABA with cross flow. (You gotta take
> the
> intake manifold off to do the plugs?)

No

> The car I can have for 350$.

Great for an engine donor.

> Body is good, just a bit of bubble rust on the D Door and the battery
> tray.
> Electric windows, sun roof and mirrors.

RUN!  Those PW regulators are absolute SHITE.

> What transaxle can I fit in this if I were to chage it to a manual?

020 rod shift (needs to have the correct holes, so atleast a tranny from a
A2, no A1 020 would work)

> Is it a cable shift?

No

> There is an 90's Audi Quattro in the yards near me. Will the shifter stuff
> and transaxle work from that?

Absolutely not.  (Audis have their engine inline with the car, transaxle
behind it).

Julie, DON'T buy this car unless you want to part it out after seeing how
long it lasts.  You could make your money back on the motor...just maybe,
if you found the right buyer.  Otherwise, it will nickel and dime you to
death trying to keep it on the road (tranny failure, windows dropping into
the door...more fun things).

--
Eric
www.vintagewatercooleds.com

1981 Scirocco S (TDI swap project)
1981 Rabbit Truck LX Diesel -FOR SALE-
1990 Corrado TDI -FOR SALE-
1990 Fox Wagon
1991 Cabriolet (2.0 crossflow 8v project)
1994 Jetta GL