Post your most ingenious hack

On 7/12/05, Timbo <timjmcconnell@gmail.com> wrote:
> Now this not only includes baffling breakdown fixes, but also unique
> mods you still use today. Or whatever!

The positive battery terminal of my (late) 81S resembled one of those
'sprouting onion' restaurant appetizers near the end of it's poor
tortured,drawn out life.  I must have had around 10 inline fuse FLAPS
dealies attached to the battery.  The car was on it's 11th life out of
9 and I learned that it was much less frustrating to just run a new
circuit to whatever electrical device decided to stop working that
particular day/week.

At one point my horn button was my brake light switch (:D) - while
this one was a temporary fix, the other numerous (non critical)
"fixes" were permanent, and managed to extend this car's life by a
year or two...  A good number of these hacks were performed on the
side of the road (like when I hardwired my headlights to the battery
at the Canada/U.S. border while towing another Scirocco in a crazy
downpour, or when I added a switched + wire to the coil in Peter's
driveway 600 miles from home).  As with all my Sciroccos over the last
14 years this one never left me stranded.  Dumb luck, or my impressive
roadside MacGyver-esq abilities - take your pick...  :)

Later,

Mark.
75
80 S
90 Audi Coupe Quattro - the ONLY car to leave me stranded, EVER!  I
blame Cathy's presence, or maybe it was Daun, or George - ONE of you
is responsible damn it!  :)