For all you forced induction guys.

You'll be sorry you asked...see below:

Yeah, I sometimes ask myself the same question.  I could open a Radio
Shack.....well, it would be one that only stocks a hundred or so items,
selling 100-10,000 of each!

I built 5000 of a special "pickup" for a cool typing pressure system that
was to protect office workers from repetative stress injury by monitoring
typing force.  I built some cool prototype "brains" for above for the
customer and kept one for myself.  The project never got off the ground and
the guy gave the sensors back to me before he moved....I couldn't do
anything with them, so I dumped 'em.

Ever build 5000 of anything.....by hand?  Takes a long time.  I had the
cases injection molded and had the cords made in Taiwan, but I did the final
assembly myself.  Think "lower back pain."
I used to "watch" movies by putting the movie on and just listening while I
worked.  It gets boring.

I have 555 timers, 7408 voltage regulators, mono and electrolytic
capacitors, 4148 and 4001 diodes, 2222 transistors, other IC's, PEEL chips,
IC sockets (hundreds) some hardware, the gobs of wire I've mentioned before,
about 500 stuffed, unsoldered circuit boards for a defunct auto circuit
design (one that "resets" american car obd codes by killing power
temporarily after engine shutoff (after a short delay to allow the injection
stepper motor to reset, blah, blah, blah).  Many 4-40 machine screws and
washers, 4-40 aluminum board spacers.
Mostly through-hole mount stuff....not surface mount.

EPROM burner and UV eraser.....

I have many groovy little plastic potting boxes, which would be perfect for
this project....
AMP mate-n-lock connectors (I think mostly 9 pin) - several hundred and
thousands of terminals.
Hundreds of Radio Shack DPDT automotive type rocker switches.
Hundreds of inexpensive 1/4" musical instrument type jacks.

Argh.  Hamfest anyone?  Wish I could get some of my money back.
Julie?