Rigging for Short commutes

Ride a bike. Seriously though. Do you really need to drive 2 blocks? That seems insane to me. I can understand if it's raining or something. Maybe you can walk, ride a bike, skateboard, honda spree? If the trip is short enough that your car can't get up to operating temp that;s not good. I've heard this is really hard on an engine. I would kill to live close enough to my job to not drive
Matt
1981 Mars Red
1984 Wolfsburg
1987 8v Auto