Fuel Pump Tests

On 7/5/05, Jim Ruffi <sciroccos@earthlink.net> wrote:
> I believe the flow rate is more or less the same, regardless of engine speed
> and fuel required.

This is correct.  At least all the fuel systems I'm familiar with run
the pump at a constant rate and use the fuel pressure regulator to
meter it for the car.
I would also suggest at least running fuel from a gas can through it
to test it.  I think Sport Compact Car recently did some fuel pump
benchmarks, and I forget what fluid they did it in (it wasn't gas, but
it was similar) but they did like allyn suggested and just pumped from
a bucket back to the bucket.

-Grant-