Isuzu Scirocco

I did drive one in the mid 80's.  I think it was a couple of years after I
sold my 85 1/2 wolfie.  It might've been when I was about to buy my 88....I
don't remember.

Anyway, I think I was interested in it because of the supposed Guigiaro
connection and the fact that there was a turbo model.    The car was indeed
speedy and did everything well enough, but I had driven possibly a couple
hundred thousand miles in Sciroccos by that time and this car just didn't
feel right.

I distinctly remember being surprised at the sharp angle of the windshield.
It went way down low, too, with both characteristics reminding me of a mid
80's Lotus Esprit.  It made me uncomfortable...   ...and the interior was
weird and too Japanese for me.

Ya know, I got in my car a couple of times during Cincy (to/from hotel,
etc.) and really felt like, "yeah, this is the car I was meant to drive."
Having been Scriroccoless for 15 years and returning to the comfort of the
trusty 16V......ahhhhh.

I took a friend out tonight after our party here at home, down the street to
the great little set of twisties that wrap around the North shore of the
reservoir, pushing a car who's particular handling is still largely unknown
to me to the point of some mild drift in the neighborhood of 65 or 70 or
whatever and thought "gee, it's so great to drive a car that is so easy to
connect with."  Know what I mean?

I'm sure I wouldn't have felt this way about the Impulse.

Jim