Fuel economy and improving it, among other things.

For the record, I'm with Dan. I've got the close ratio 5 speed, and I get
about 28ish mpg, nice mix of highway and city. I was a little better until I
put on the roofrack...
I just wish 70mph didn't = 4000rpm. 5thgear conversion anyone?
 It's my understanding that engines are at thier most efficient at lower
rpm's and wider throttle openings, so I use that (and torque) as an excuse
not to donwnshift until really necessary.