OT: legless lizards...

Ok, so who's into herpetological studies?

My son came in this morning and said "Hey, I found a snake by Mike's
car."  Mom, who hates them with a passion (which is a surprise to me
as she loves watching shows about them) says "DON'T TOUCH IT!!!"

Boy: I think it's dead because I poked it with a stick and it didn't move.

Me: (thinking about something from last night) Was it behind one of my tires?

Boy: Yes, right behind one of the back ones.  I moved it with the
stick so it wouldn't get hurt.

Me: So that must have been the popping sound I heard last night when I
pulled in.

Anyway, it is indeed dead.  It's a wee lil bugger.  Anyone care to
help me identify it?  I did some looking online, but it's very hard to
find good pictures of snakes.  For the record, it should be a species
native to central Maryland.

Links to pic:
http://www.cqcshoppe.com/shhh/100_0196.JPG

That is my finger for size comparison and the black bulge towards the
tail is where his structural integrity gave out.

--
Mike
'86 red 16v (Red 5)