From: scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org [mailto:scirocco-l-
bounces@scirocco.org] On Behalf Of Allyn
Sent: Monday, January 03, 2005 5:45 PM
To: Brad Sterling; Scirocco List
Subject: Re: Power Steering Fluid

a whining pump will not be corrected by any fluid changes. once they get
the whining point, they will stay that way until replaced. the plus side
here is that i've never seen one grenade or anything drastic like that.
that all said, it always helps to periodically change out the power
steering
fluid, as its an unfiltered system. there is this orange bottle stuff i've
used. its marketed as a stop leak, but it does so by softening/expanding
old
seals. i've had this work near-magic on a leaking rack (going strong still
for 2+ years, and i still have torn boots - still no leakage).
Al