Re: Question on Crank

On Fri, 07 Jan 2005 04:21:48 -0800, T Berk <tberk@sbcglobal.net>
wrote:

If 'someone' ran a car a few thousand freeway miles and the PP bolts had backed out until they ran up against the back of the Pressure Plate itself, AND on disassembly it was discovered that the bolts had 'ovaled' the bolt holes so the the threads were only present on one side- would the crank itself still be salvageable?

I don't know if the crank I have was made this way or Drake modified
it but I have an extra 5 bolts to the stock 6.  They are tightly
packed, and no.. I'm not taking a picture.  Point is, you might be
able to salvage the crank if you drill and tap the extra holes and mod
the P/P to match.

Gordon

75 Mk I/Drake 1.9