RE: [SPAM] Paint stuff

I plan on getting the car painted a dark/forest green, like on the early vws.

Check it out:
<<http://www.gti16v.org/vwcolors.htm#vwcolors>>
Just remember that your computer monitor might not show the exact green.
Google on Photoshop and "monitor calibration" to get deeper into this.

I have decided not to take the wiring harness out of the engine bay for paint, for fear of never getting it back in there properly.

I can see you removing wiring the same way you removed your fenders...

Can I just wrap it in news paper and masking tape without pissing the shop off?

Ask them. Something to negociate with them.

Secondly, i've heard that a dark engine bay is hellish to work in,

Says who? Mine is BLACK. No problem here.

I could leave it the colour it is now (sand metallic, not overly bright, but still not real dark either) or get it painted another colour, but then i have a mismatched car....

Especially if both colors are not too nice together, that always looks funny
IMHO. Sand ang green??? Hey some guys wear blue shirts with beige pants, and
they have no clue about that...

any thoughts?

anyone know of any real good looking greens too? I haven't made up my mind on the exact green yet.

Montanna Green Clearcoat Metallic (LB6Z)
<<http://www.gti16v.org/vwcslb6z.htm#vwcslb6z>>
Dark Teal Clearcoat Metallic (LA6U)
<<http://www.gti16v.org/vwcsla6u.htm#vwcsla6u>>
Papyros Green Metallic (LB6V)