More symptoms of the poor running

Engine 2L 16v
Electrical: 88 16v harness
Fuel CISE

Engine starts well. One crank and operates.
Low rpm and rough idle. I had to open the air bypass screw a few turns to idle at 950-1K.

Problem. Power loss. Vac drops from 18" to 0 rapidly, almost stalling. Fluttering the pedal can keep the car running.

The idle feels "buzzy", a rough edge to the running. (poor desc I know)

Keeping the idle abve 1500 for a few secs will cause the rpm/vac to drop again.
Only fluttering the pedal will keep the engine running.

This will last for a minute or 2. The engine then will run correctly for the rest of the trip home.

I checked the plug wiring and replaced the fuel filter. It seems to be intermittent.

Any help appreciated!

Julie Macfarlane
"Its not just a car! Its an adventure!"
1981 MKI 2L 16v w 2Y