Re: Hmmmmm...

From: "Matthew H." <rjtremor@core.com>
Date: 2005/02/21 Mon PM 09:56:44 EST
To: <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Subject: Hmmmmm...

So I've been seeing the banter about engines tossed around, and today an odd
little chance came about today while perusing the junkyard. Not only did I
happen to find a 5000 S that I'm hoping still has the TB for the 'Rocco, I
also found a Mk1 steering wheel, black and in nice shape. Going back for the
latter tomorrow. But I also found two other things that are in unknown
shape... a 2.0 Crossflow in an A3 Golf, and a 2.0 16v in a manual Passat GL.
The 2.0 is missing its airbox and a couple little odds and ends, but most of
the important stuff, including the intake, head, and whatnot is there. I
didn't peek into the Passat's bay, but I'm gonna assume it's all there. I'm
oddly tempted to grab one or both of them(I WOULD if I had the money),
rebuild and then sell for a little cash, and/or use one in some kinda future
project(dreaming again)... hrm, the thoughts...

I'm mostly rambling here, but if anyone wants to toss in a thought or a
warning to avoid the things, feel free to. <=o)

~Matt/RJ
1985 Audi Coupe GT - The Evil Car
"I know God loves me. He gave me an Audi!"
http://www.livejournal.com/userinfo.bml?user=rjtremor

If the headgasket went on either, or if the T/B went on the 16V, make sure you have them pull the head and inspect to see if any coolant settled in the bores and is rusting away...  BTDT...

David

'83 GTI, Daily Driver...
'87 16V, parts car
'82 pickup, 2.0 16V, collecting dust...