From: scirocco-l-bounces+peter=thescirocco.com@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-bounces+peter=thescirocco.com@scirocco.org] On Behalf Of
Peel
Sent: Friday, December 30, 2005 11:21 AM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Bonrath Lowering Spring Caps

I am assembling the front struts for Flash (the 87 Scirocco 16V). I bought
these Bonrath lowering caps:

http://www.bonrath.com/e/lc.htm

I have the Bilstein complete front strut assemblies.

I am finding that the Bonrath spring cap does not fit over the top of the
blue "accordion" "hood" like the stock cap does. It appears that the "dome"
of the Bonrath cap is a tiny bit smaller than the stock caps.
In order to use them it looks like the Bonrath cap will "compress" the top
of the blue "hood" a tiny bit.

I'm wondering if this will work OK. Does anyone have any experience with
Bonrath lowering caps used with Bilsteins?

Mark
1987 Scirocco 16V (Flash!), 1982 Scirocco (FOR SALE), 1981 Scirocco S
(Project X), 1987 Golf GT, 2003 Beetle (Heavy) For Sale: Scirocco 1 hood
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2340380
Contact me directly at Scirocco_GTX@yahoo.com