Eurospec head on eBay

----- Original Message -----
From: "Phil Boeye" <rocco_phil@yahoo.com>
To: "Dan Bubb" <dan.bubb@gmail.com>; "Scirocco List"
<scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Saturday, December 17, 2005 4:12 PM
Subject: Re: Eurospec head on eBay

> Good points, all.  It would seem obvious that Eurospec
> commissioned it now in hindsight.  Their specs, thus
> their head.  But obviously how could they rationalize
> a casting setup for just a head used on old VWs?  That
> would be suicide.  Would be curious as to who does the
> actual casting however.  Candy to whoever can figure
> that one out.

Yes, Dan's right about Eurospec having it commissioned.  I still say that
they have the OE manufacturer make it (whoever that is).  I know they can
get ANY piston you want, including 20V pistons for an ABA, etc.  As in, they
can get you any combination that never made it to the road originally.  And
all the pistons I saw on the shelf were Kolbenshmidt.  That, combined with
the fact that AFAIK, Eurospec is the only company that has cast lightweight
flywheels, seems to indicate again it is by the OE manufacturer.  Not
scientific, and not necessarily reliable, but it stands to reason...

David