Eurospec head on eBay

----- Original Message -----
From: "Phil Boeye" <rocco_phil@yahoo.com>
To: "David Utley" <fahrvergnugen@cox.net>; "Scirocco List"
<scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Saturday, December 17, 2005 12:06 PM
Subject: Re: Eurospec head on eBay

> --- David Utley <fahrvergnugen@cox.net> wrote:
>
> > I hate to disagree Phil.  They do have an excellent
> > porter, but they make no
> > castings.  They go overseas and buy from the
> > original manufacturer,
> > sometimes with minor changes for their benefit
> > depending on the product.
>

> Found this just now by googling.  Of course, you can
> always check their website (which I did a few weeks
> back).  Great pics later down the page:
>
> http://members.shaw.ca/icollect01/Voxwagenhead.html

Yeah, good pics.  They would seem to indicate that -indeed- Eurospec had
them commissioned, and that they are not a warmed-over OE head just as Dan
said.  It seems like to me the wording is carefully chosen to give the idea
that they had them done themselves, but I think they just offered their
designs to the manufacturer instead.  Still an impressive head, and still a
good brand.  I think Dan is right, that they are more of a race head with
that big a valve/port setup.  From everything I have read, air velocity is
more important.  BUT, some folks have to have the biggest number...  *shrug*

Thanks for the pic/link Phil...

David