C if U can diagnose this problem.

Try to unplug the temp sensor. I believe it?s the blue one.

-----Original Message-----
From: scirocco-l-bounces+jlagnese=massed.net@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-bounces+jlagnese=massed.net@scirocco.org] On Behalf
Of David Brown
Sent: Saturday, December 10, 2005 9:14 PM
To: scirocco scirocco
Subject: C if U can diagnose this problem.

Ok just bought a 86 Jetta.  Drove it home yesterday.  On the way home it
started cutting out. At first it was under load. (ie heaver
excelleration) then it moved to hills and progressed until it was
cutting out I couldn't hardley get it into my driveway.   Today I start
it up and seems to be ok again.  Has slight cutout, but nothing.  Just
backed it up in the driveway so it didn't get a chance to get warm.

Also, when you 1st turn the key over it goes dead for a couple of
seconds then fires right up.  Don't know if it's related, but I thought
I'd throw that one in.

Anyway when I get it worked out I'm going to part out 1 if not both of
my Scirocco's so the winner gets 1st choice on parts. 8-)

Thanks
David