Scirocco Parts

On 12/1/05, Don Walter <dswalterwi@gmail.com > wrote:

> I'm looking for a dash, what shape are they in?

 Go here for dash photos:

 <http://scirocco.dyn.dhs.org/vw/list/Gordy/16vDashes>

Dash number 1 has a large crack down the instrument cluster pop out and a
wee bit of peeling near the vent slit as shown in dash picture number 5 of
dash 1.  The glove box has some issues with the spring being unseated and it
looks like the face is peeling off the frame.  I have not looked at it in
depth to see if it is FUBARed or easily fixable.

Dash number 2 has no cracks but there is an indention near the light switch
where some jackass used a screwdriver to pry out the switch as shown
in picture 5 of dash 2.

Both were a little dirty and there probably are some minor scratches that
accured in the removal and transport back to my house.  I can clean them up
and take more photos of even higher res this weekend if there is interest.
They were free to me so I am not here to stroke anyone and I would rather
see someone here use them instead of them just sitting around here taking up
space and collecting spiders.  I know shipping might be around $30 since I
just sent a pair of fenders in a 5'x2'x2' - 45lb box through DHL to Brian H.
for $35 so if this is something you must have I let me know.  I was thinking
of using one in the 84 since the brown dash is hosed but do not know if I
want to take the time to do it since I am going to sell it when I get the
fuel issue figured out.

I will trade either one straight across for a black MK1 dash in same
condition in a heart beat.

Oh and Don gets first dibs if he so wishes since he asked first :)

 --
Gordy
MK1 x 3