What grade sandpaper to use

I've had excellent luck with painting my 1982 Scirocco's bumpers with Black Plasticote paint from Lowes.  It comes in a spray can.  I cleaned my bumpers with denatured alcohol and then gave them about 2-3 coats.

That was over 3 months ago and they look great.  They've even passed the pressure washer test.

Karl