OT: !#$!$^% UPS

> From: "Brian Haygood" <haygood@myway.com>
> Date: 2005/08/30 Tue PM 11:28:29 EDT
> To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
> Subject: OT:  !#$!$^% UPS
>

> Called and talked to Kristen today about some parts I ordered a few weeks ago and just realized I never got.  Apparently  the tracking notes from UPS reveal that they first lost the package then recovered it, decided that the antifreeze leaking from it was a hazardous material and threw the whole package away.  Lovely.  I can only hope that there was a VW enthusiast working at the UPS place who raided the dumpster and got himself some free parts.  Kristen didn't expect any trouble getting UPS to step up and fork over for a new box O' parts.

The EPA in their infinite wisdom still classifies coolant as HazMat.  That said, we cannot ship any coolant, oil, or paint as no one here has taken a HazMat materials packing class (no, I am not kidding).  Once they take that class, they are certified to do so.  The individual, not the business.  IIRC, the cost of the class is 500.00, and is only offered twice a year, blahblahblah...  Allegedly, if you ship this shiite without certification, you will be fined $2K.  The boss here refuses to test it and see what will happen...

It sucks, but its' da gubmint mate!

David