Quick question. (Scourge)

On 8/20/05, Dan Simons <danieljsimons@yahoo.com> wrote:
> To answer your question about the alterantor so long as the motor is running you can add a lot of electrical stuff, example: I use to have a 15" sub 1000w amp 7" in dash monitor and dvd player. Even driving at night w/ wipers I never had a problem AS LONG AS THE CAR IS RUNNING.

That all depends Dan.  Some simple math will determine if your
alternator is rated to handle the load by all your accessories.  If
you have some serious ICE, 100+ watt headlights + highs, and your a/c
or heat on full blast, a stock (Scirocco) alternator won't cut it...

Most people will be able to get by with an upgraded 90 amp alt. for
all but the most serious in-car-entertainment systems though...

Mark.
75
80 S
86