Anyone familiar with online escrow?

Hi guys - I'm possibly going to buy this guy's complete/new turbo setup
(supposedly one of those "my loss is your gain" things). But in adding
up what I would be willing to pay for these components, I'm finding that
I'd be VERY uncomfortable coughing that kind of money to someone I don't
know before receiving anything. We talked about doing separate
shipments, but I'm kinda uneasy.

Anyone familiar with online escrow and how it works? And if so, is this
the type of transaction they'll deal with?

Thanks!

Jeff