Scirocco-l Digest, Vol 6, Issue 85

>  >>You guys are nuts.  That math had no octane figures in it whatsoever.
>  >
>  >It's safe to assume the same octane was used from each brand.
>
>    yes, the same octane, sorry. i use 89 in all my vehicles, though i
> intend to do tests with 87 after i run through my first batch. previous
> tests indicated lesser mileage with 87.
>
>  >>> It was all about brands and Shell could be 5 cents more tomorrow.
>  >
>  >
>  >He is saving money on gas right now. The world could blow up tomorrow
>  >as well. What's your point exactly?
>
>    actually, on further extrapolation, with the better gasoline, i end
> up saving about 58 cents per fill-up @ every 10 days for a savings of
> $21.17 per year. not much, granted, but it does pay for the nice pine
> trees to hang from the mirror :)

   sorry to create a debate. actually the point of my message was to
show that the cheaper of the gas at the pump may not be the cheaper in
the long run. if i have to pay 15 cents less at a station that doesn't
get me the same or better gas mileage, then my cost for same amount of
fuel is more expensive per mile/in the long run. i'm not advocating one
brand/station/whatever over another one. all cars are different. i'm
simply saying that the cheaper price at the pump may not always be
cheaper in reality.

--
  /\_/\	  Foxx (in a box)
< o o >	  http://foxx.tripod.com