[ot] gas price vs. mileage

Allyn wrote:
>>You guys are nuts.  That math had no octane figures in it whatsoever.

> It's safe to assume the same octane was used from each brand.

Right.  But the idea that Shell is better than Speedway could depend on
whether your neighborhood Shell or Speedway owners have a shorter stick
up their butts.

>>It was all about brands and Shell could be 5 cents more tomorrow.
>
> He is saving money on gas right now. The world could blow up tomorrow as
> well. What's your point exactly?

There's no scientific value to his conclusion whatsoever nor is there
any benefit to us strangers who have zero Shells and zero Safeways
within 200 miles.  Jeff tacking on octane is even more insane.  Sorry,
can't help myself.  If "BUY GAS FROM THE CHEAPER PLACE" is the point
then I say "DUH" but around here the cheaper place changes daily.  Get a
diesel if you want to make sense in a gas debate.